The debut outing of this kid-friendly recipe was at the Health Ed’s raw food presentation at Hippocrates Institute in April 2014. I ate at least 6 of them…
- 1 (US) cup walnuts
- ½ (US) cup pitted dates
- ½ (US) cup shredded coconut
- ¼ (US) cup ground raw soaked and dehydrated barley (soak overnight, then rinse and they’re ready)
- ¼ tsp maple extract (not sure if maple syrup would do instead; it might, who knows – ed)
- Pinch sea or Himalayan salt
Blitz all ingredients in a food processor (Magimix/Cuisinart) into a crumbly, moist texture. Want it more moist? Add a few teaspoons of water until you’re happy. You need the mixture to press together.
- 6 large apples, peeled, cored and quartered
- 5-6 medjool dates
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 splash lemon juice
- Pinch sea or Himlalayan salt
- Pulse 4 of the apples in a food processor into small chunks and transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Process the remaining apples with the dates, cinnamon and salt until the consistency of apple sauce.
- Mix in the larger apple chunks, then layer in serving glasses/bowls with the filling and crumble.