By Dawn Ross
- 250g grated carrots
- ¼ cup almonds, ground (i.e. measure them out, then grind them)
- ¼ cup cashews, ground (as above) ***
- 1 tbsp Monk Fruit Powder, or 1-2 drops liquid stevia
- ⅓ cup raisins****
- 1 tsp cardamom powder (grind the seeds, then remove the husks)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Grate carrots into a bowl and add ground almonds and cashews (this can be made in a food processor or you can use almond paste and cashew paste instead).
- Add the monk fruit powder, raisins, cardamom and cinnamon. Mix together until well incorporated.
- With clean hands, roll the “dough” into balls about one inch in diameter.
- Place on parchment paper and set in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
*** Not Hippocrates approved. Why? Cashews contain a toxin similar to poison ivy. Why not use more almonds instead?
**** Not Hippocrates approved. Why? Raisins are a fruit, so in this recipe along with the carrots, it’s not good food combining. Consider this a treat!