By Rebecca Campbell | Makes 12 Muffins
- 2 (US) cups whole spelt flour
- ½ (US) cup flax meal
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tbs. ground ginger
- ½ (US) cup coconut oil
- ¾ (US) cup agave nectar – or, preferably, a few drops of stevia – add one at a time to taste
- ¾ (US) cup vanilla rice milk (room temperature)
- 1 tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 (US) cups organic shredded zucchini (courgette)
- ½ (US) cup raisins (soaked for 5 minutes in hot water)
- ½ vegan chocolate chips (or equivalent)
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Line a muffin tin with 12 paper liners.
- Combine dry ingredients in medium bowl and stir with wire whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Add oil, agave, rice milk, and vanilla extract. Stir with spatula until combined.
- Gently fold in shredded zucchini, soaked raisins (drained), and chocolate chips.
- Divide batter into 12 prepared muffin cups. Bake in middle of the oven for 25 minutes until knife comes out clean.