This policy, together with the website Terms and Conditions, sets out the basis on which any personal data I collect from you, or that you provide to me, will be processed by me.
Information that may be collected from you
I may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on this site, georgedryden.com (“the site”), or on third party websites. This includes information provided at the time of purchasing from the site, subscribing to a service I provide, or posting material or requesting further services.
- If you contact me through the site, a record may be kept of that correspondence.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the site, including invoicing, collecting payment and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to the site and the resources that you access.
- For the purpose of running competitions.
IP addresses and cookies
I may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type. This is statistical data about users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, I may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help me to improve the site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable me:
- To estimate audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow me to customise the site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to the site.
Where your personal data is stored
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although I will do my best to protect your personal data, I cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once I have received your information, I will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
Information held about you could be used in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from the site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from me or which I feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and I.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of the service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to the service.
If you are an existing customer, I will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you, unless you have asked me to do so (for example, by signing-up to the mailing list).If you are a new customer, I will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want me to use yoiur data in this way please contact me.
Disclosure of your information
I may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that I sell or buy any business or assets, in which case I may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If the business or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If I am under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply the terms and conditions of supply and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of my business, my customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask me not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. I will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if I intend to use your data for such purposes or if I intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms I use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting me. The site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of my partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that I do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Data Protection Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with this Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet costs in providing you with details of the information I hold about you.
Amazon Services Associates Program
This site is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com/amazon.co.uk. Amazon may serve content and advertisements, collect information directly from you, or/and place or recognise cookies on your browsers.